Warren E. Hardy Family

Friday, August 21, 2009

Wally update



Hello everyone, Wally came home from the hospital today. His leukemia has progressed to the point where they wanted to give him stronger chemo or at the least chemo where he would have to get two shot subq every day for 21 days every month. This chemo may or may not make him sick but it would kill all the blood cells and put him really prone to infection and possibly being sick. He decided NOT to have anymore chemo. We will let the doctor know on Monday about his decision and find out about getting Hospice at home.The kids are planning a get together for all those that want to come and see him before things get real bad. This get together will be next weekend, Aug 29 and 30th at our house in Farmersville. Anyone can come anytime after 1 on those days. If you want to bring a dish you can or you don't have to. We just want him to know that there are people that care about him and support his decision, because this was a hard decision for him to make. If you need our address please let me know and I will give it to you. This has been a very hard year for Wally and I. Every time he went in the hospital I was with him 24/7 unless I got sick, which I did a couple of times. Since June 8 when he got his last chemo we have only spent 2 weeks total at home. The rest of the time has been spent in the hospital. I think he is a peace with this decision and I am dealing with it. He is happy to be home. I will keep everyone updated as much as I can.

2 Chron. 7:14 in God's word he states, "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their Land."
--Marvin J. Ashton, "In His Strength", Ensign, Jul 1973, 24
Psalm 92:1–2
.
Hugs Judy

Sending our love your way!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

thank you for the update on Wally. I understand his decision and support him on it. my prayers and thoughts you and your family.
thank you also for your scripture -one of my favorite - we always need to be reminded.

August 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home