Warren E. Hardy Family

Monday, March 23, 2009

Loran retires

Loran (Charley) retired officially on the 7th of January. The kids cooked up a surprise retirement party for the 14th of March. The hard part was keeping Loran out of town from 10AM to 5:30PM while the kids arrived and got things set up and ready. It was also our 36th anniversary so we went to Flagstaff. We did some errands and went to a movie. I had to really stall after the movie. He was trying to be nice but I knew he had about had enough of waiting on me to get through Sam's Club and the various other places I drug him to. Loran was surprised when we arrived home and opened the garage door and saw the party waiting for him in the carport. We just basically had a nice dinner and gathered around in the family room after wards for some fun stories and laughs. He has been having a great time working in his garage and wood yard and doing a few trees and various other things for people. He seems to find plenty to do. Mostly he gets to sleep nights. I will not put in my resignation from my little school job until May so we are still a little tied down.
Kathy
Congratulations Loran, enjoy the time with your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home