Warren E. Hardy Family

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bible Bee Contestants

Yesterday was the big day for my kids. We registered for the Bible Bee back in April and the contest finally happened yesterday. The woman running the contest at the church in Phoenix said she had 98 kids registered and then 62 said they were actually coming. However, only about 40 really showed up. My kids and the kids we talked to all said that it was really hard. The material they were given to study was 450 Bible verses/passages. Some passages were 9 verses long! They were also given about 300 general knowledge questions. That's a lot of material to learn! Then they took a 200 question written test and had two oral rounds where they were asked 4 multiple choice questions and asked to recite 4 Bible verse/passages. There were kids there who were better prepared than my two and they said they couldn't answer a lot of the memory work. It's very difficult to just pull a verse and reference out of your head! All in all, we were very proud of all the kids and their families who made the commitment and followed through on it. We'll find out the results this week.
I'll keep you posted!
Linda Gomez (Gilbert, Marie)

1 Comments:

Blogger N Dyess said...

My kids participated as well. I am proud of them as well. It was a lot of material but so worthwhile. As I told mine, all the kids that participated are winners in my book!
God Bless!

September 14, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home